Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

2. The Meaning Behind Your Blog Name

The Beauty in Motion.  If you read the title and thought that something wasn’t quite right…you are correct.  Normally, the phrase is “beauty in motion”.  That blog name was taken.  Granted, it hasn’t been active since 2007, but the name is still taken.  So, yours truly got creative.

Really it’s not that creative.  I just added “the”.  It works though, and hear me out on this one.

As mentioned in my very first post, I hate change.  When I was eight, I heard my mom say that she was going to have some highlights put in her hair.  I cried hard, and begged her to reconsider.  I was positive that if she went ahead with the highlights I wouldn’t recognize her.  How normal of me.

By God’s grace, the change in my life to date has nearly always come out for the better.  It’s given me new relationships, and strengthened old ones.  It’s helped me understand myself better, and pushed me to be better.  It’s brought me to China.  China, in fact, was where I started to try and more graciously accept change.  Unfortunately, we can’t talk about that trip.  I’m not allowed to describe this trip until day 6.  Just know that this new venture of mine is just shy of a year old.  I’m still not very good at it.  At all.

But I’m trying.

For the past year, I’ve been trying to find the beauty in motion.  Like Disney’s Pocahontas once sang, “you can’t step in the same river twice/ the water’s always changing, always flowing”.  That’s quite poetic, I think.  So, long story short, I’m trying to find the poetry – the beauty – in motion. 

that is all

No comments: