Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

6.2 A picture of somewhere you’ve been…again

Now, where was I?
We arrived at the Mira safe and sound…and so thankful for the haven they offered us.  There are no pictures documenting the first 24ish hours after we arrived.  It wasn’t pretty.  And neither was I.  Flying from West to East was way harder than expected…thankfully, the Mira has the world’s best pillows and beds.  I was in love. 
Phase 4:  The Hotel
First of all, it was gorgeous.  The views alone made the trip for us. 
the view from our room
This little guy perched on our window sill for a good ten minutes.  He enjoyed the photo shoot.
The wicked awesome chandelier in the dining room.
Speaking of dining room….
Phase 5:  Food!
I’m a big fan of food.  Scratch that.  I’m a big fan of carbs and chocolate.  Let’s go for full disclosure here:  I’m a picky eater in a lot of ways.  Coming into this trip, I was determined to be slightly more adventurous.  That was until I realized they served little baby squids for breakfast.  My lack of appreciation for Eastern cuisine is my fault.  I realize this.  I’m sure it was delicious, because plenty of people enjoyed it. 
I, however, enjoyed their Western breakfasts…
This was round one.  Normally, I would consume 2-3 croissants, 2 muffins, and two yogurts.
I also adored their desserts…
I created this masterpiece from their buffet.  Don’t worry, this was round three…I ate plenty.
Phase 6:  Adventures
My brother and I went exploring one 97 degree day.  It was amazing.  Even the air smells different.  Here are a few pics from our explorations.  I looked like I was about to die from heat exhaustion.  Hence, no pics.
I have 9 more pictures to show you.  Actually, I have over 400…but I’ve narrowed it down some. 
You’re welcome ;)

No comments: