Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

This is unusual for me…

I am officially no longer doing the 30 day blog challenge. 

I am bored with it.

Don’t worry, I’ve got a plan.  A plan which, hopefully, will involve blogging more regularly.  Although, Sunday/Monday I’ll be able to better explain my sporadic presence.

But now, let’s explore my most recent activity….chess.

IMG_1084

This is me.  I am learning.

I have a very patient brother.  He tried to teach me once, four years ago – I even started winning!  That was because I set my chess pieces up wrong every time.

Ethan (my brother) has once again taken me on as probably the most challenging student you could imagine.  I have called the knight a horse, the rook a troll, and have proudly proclaimed a win by completing a series of illegal moves.  He gently corrects me each time, and the game goes on.

IMG_1081

Me again. 

This time, I’m concentrating. 

See, the piece in front of the camera…that’s his king…that’s what I want to capture.  The king can only move one square at a time.  This seems like a pathetic constraint for such a powerful figure.

 IMG_1083

I asked my brother what the queen can do…he paused, and smiled.

Whatever the heck she wants.”

I think I like this game.

1 comment:

Winifred said...

I can't wait to see what you decide to do instead of the 30 day challenge!

Good luck with your chess lessons! Queens kick a**!