I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.
~ Georgia O’Keeffe
I came across this quote randomly…but I love it. I’m not a painter, unless we’re talking about walls, but I do love photography. I’m very much an amateur right now. I love the idea of capturing (and sharing) a moment in time. Often that moment conveys a story that words never could. I think Georgia would agree.
I am hoping to include photography as a main part of this blog…I just need to get the gumption to post some of my photos.
Soon, I promise.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
~ A. Einstein
This is one of my favorite quotes of all time. Obviously. It is on this list after all. Classrooms are full of students who think that they are stupid because they’re failing tests. Tests designed without any consideration of their learning styles. We need to give them a chance to show the world where they excel.
Psalm 46: 1-5
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
These are some of my favorite scripture verses. I can be a worrier, and the part about “we will not fear” gives me courage. Because “God is within her, she will not fall”. I trust Him, I love Him, and I know He loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment