Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

6.3 This is it…i promise!

If you’re still interested in Hong Kong…keep reading!  If you’re sick of hearing about it….sorry!  Tomorrow will be something new, I promise.

After the work portion was over, the whole family was able to go on some excursions.  Walking down the street was an experience in itself, and it was amazing to look at life through another culture’s lens.  We also made some incredible friends along the way.  When we took pictures together, they specifically asked that these not end up on facebook or the internet.  I’m going to honor that request.  Just know, it was the people we met that made Hong Kong feel like a safe place to be…and made the Mira feel like our home away from home.

Left:  Centuries old trees on Nathan Road in Kowloon.  Right:  An incredible architectural feat on mainland HK.

We took a terrifying cab ride down to the marina. 

My brother and me.  He’s a 6’4 redhead, and I’m a 5’9 curly haired frizzed-out blonde.  We weren’t so good at blending in.

A “junk boat”.

After taking the ferry across to mainland HK, we took a tour bus around the city. 

Tour Hong Kong.

We then took the tram to the tippy top of Victoria Peak.  This is a must do for anyone visiting the city.

I was speechless.  Which is difficult for me.

Long story short.  I’ve been to Hong Kong.  It was the trip of a lifetime.

the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I love your pictures :) I have never really been anywhere out of the country except Mexico & Belize and since those are beachy vacation places they don't count haha jk

www.kirstenjoywilson.com