Day 1: A recent picture of you and 30 interesting facts about yourself. 30 seems like a lot. Let’s try for 15.
Interesting facts:
- I like bending certain rules. For example, why 30? I’d prefer 15…and I think you guys might appreciate it too.
- I can wiggle my ears. At the age of seven, I challenged a fellow airplane passenger (read: stranger) “I can wiggle my ears can you?” Instead of snickering, or ignoring me, the nice stranger observed my ears moving rapidly and tried it himself. He couldn’t do it. My seven-year-old self was delighted – I could do something this adult couldn’t do. He then smiled and said, “I can’t wiggle my ears…but can you wiggle your eyebrows?” I tried. Fail. Every once in a while, I think of that nice stranger and I try to wiggle my eyebrows up and down with speed and agility. I still can’t.
- I have two thumbs, like most people. My left thumb is fairly straight and normal looking. My right thumb is what is known as a “hitch-hiker’s thumb”. These are not unusual…but apparently having one of each is.
- I love frogs. And I like snakes. Neither of which my family ever allowed in the house.
- If I weren’t a teacher, I would be a designer. Either fashion or interior.
- I once tripped on the playground at recess. Like most children, I was upset. Unlike most children, I screamed so loud and for so long that the nurse came running out of the building with a wheelchair. I barely needed an icepack. How old was I? We don’t know each other that well :)
- I used to be on a synchronized swim team. I also used to play hand bells. How cool am I?! IntermissionRecent picture of me
I'm that cool. - My favorite food IN THE WORLD is French Toast. Slathered in melted butter. With apple juice. And scrambled eggs. And bacon.
- I love to scrapbook. Seriously, I love it; every part of it. The moments, the photography, the memories, the color coordination, the organization. My mom and I do it during almost any and every vacation we have.
- I love country music. I know that there are quite a few haters out there when it comes to this topic. I’m not asking you to listen to it – there is no playlist on this blog, but I love it.
- I got to meet one of the cutest men in country music: Chuck Wicks. I spent a significant amount of time planning the clever and memorable things I would say to him. When the time came, and I looked him in the eye…I forgot to even say hi. I just stood there, and smiled. Like this:
12. I am allergic to golden delicious apples. Not granny smiths, not macs, nothing
but golden delicious. It’s not like one would kill me or anything…it’s not a death allergy.
13. I spent the first 18 years of my life desperately wishing and trying to have straight hair. Until I realized that a) it is never going to happen without enormous effort, and b) my natural curls are actually pretty and effortless. Yay!
14. I have never seen Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Napoleon Dynamite. And I feel fine.
15. I am an extremely patient person – but i will never knit. I tried. Several times actually, and while I managed to finish a scarf once, it was certainly not worth the frustration I felt during the long and drawn out process. To all you knitters out there: I applaud you.
There.
That’s fifteen.
And since even I’m sick of hearing about myself, I’d imagine you are too.
Until tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment