I’m a teacher, which means I’m lucky enough to create things everyday. Alongside some of the most creative people in the world.
Do you know how drastically our creativity drops after the age of 7? Here’re the facts:
“A survey was done to discover the creativity level of individuals at various ages. After all the testing, the statistics indicated that 2 percent of the men and women who were in their forties were highly creative. As they looked at young people, the results emerged that 2 percent of the thirty-five-year-olds were highly creative; 2 percent of the thirty-year-olds were highly creative. This went on down to each age group until they reached the seven-year-old children. Ten percent of them were highly creative. However, further study showed that 90 percent of the five-year-olds were highly creative. Between the ages of five and seven, 80 percent of us who are highly creative develop an image, a picture, an attitude that we are not creative, and we begin to deny that particular part of our God-given equipment.”
Skip Ross in his book Say Yes to Your Potential. Disclaimer: I haven’t read the book…my brother gave me the info from one of his textbooks.
Article link: Here.
As a teacher, I believe that creativity should be nurtured, and remain a part of our everyday lives…even after we leave colorful elementary school classrooms.
So, in one corner of my room, I made a tree.
It really helped brighten up the room, and added a little flair in the process.
Realistic…not entirely. I’m not the best artist in the world.
But I’m not going to let that stop me :)
~Kathryn~
PS – Seriously, can you believe that I posted 2 days in a row?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment